Sunday, May 10, 2015

A Little Early

I decided that  with June being the start of " Row by Row Experience",  Minnesota's state  Quilt Show, Pinetree Patchworker's Guild show, my free time might be limited. There is also a Minnesota shop hop to consider and Crow Wing County Fair in July and August. So since I volunteered to be in a small quilt swap in a quilt shop hosted by my guild's president, I thought I better get started.



First I picked out some fabric and then a pattern. I had a Fig Tree pattern I had not made yet.  So I was ready to go!



Make six of these blocks....



Put them together with sashing and spool cornerstone blocks....



Add a small border....



Put on some buttons to imitate knobs and some black straight stitching to resemble a needle,  quilt with an elongated serpentine stitch and add some binding.  Now all I have to do is hand sew it down! I am definetly ready for the August swap. Martha.

5 comments:

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

Stopping by via Scraptastic Tuesday. Your machines are so cute. I love the colors!

Flickenstichlerin said...

This is cute, lovely design and wonderful color and fabric choices.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Nicky said...

I made a similar block recently! Cute machines - now if only we could get real ones that pretty!? Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

Lisa in Port Hope said...

Great soft colors. I'm sure the recipient will love it. Visiting from scraptastic Tuesday.

Linda said...

JUST SO PRETTY! I DO LOTS OF BABY CHARITY QUILT+THIS IS GIVING ME IDEAS! THANKS FOR SHARING!
msstitcher1214@gmail.com